I love the month of January. The holidays are finally behind us, and the coming spring is already on my mind. I love making New Year’s resolutions, and despite the fact that half the population break their resolutions after the first week in the new year, I generally take mine pretty seriously. They don’t always work out exactly how I planned, but I have to admit they stay on my mind throughout the year.I’m a goal-setter at heart.
With that said, I have compiled a short list of horse-related resolutions I will be focusing on this year.
1. Be more efficient with my riding time. I have chosen this one, because my free time is precious and it will hopefully produce better results. I intend on having a plan before I ride of what I want to accomplish in that amount of time.
2. Get to the point where Hot Rod will pick up the correct lead every single time. This has been an on-going process, one in which I have found that the problem is mainly me! Ouch! I have much to work on in this department.
3. Compete in at least one horse show. It doesn’t have to be big and I don’t have to win. I’m in it for the personal competition and goal attaining.
4. Organize my trailer and tack rooms. I’ll be the first to admit that I’ve let these things go. I love organizing and love even more a nice organized trailer, but when I’m in a hurry things get cluttered.
5. Start riding with Gracie more. I want her to grow up outdoors, with the horses, feeling very confident in the saddle!
I’ll be writing more about each of these goals throughout the year. One of the best ways to ensure keeping a resolution is having accountability! What are your horsey resolutions?