As promised, I have cleaned out my trailer! It’s going to be an ongoing work in progress, but it is much improved compared to the way we last saw it in my previous “Trailer Storage” post. My dad helped me transform that old metal panel into a nifty wall-organizer. All he did was bend the ends over so they could be slipped into the groove along the ceiling of the trailer. He also wrapped the bottom wire with Styrofoam to keep it from scratching the wall. Then I zip-tied those metal baskets, which I found in the TRASH, and put small items in them so they’re easy to find. The fans will go up in the barn soon, and so they’ll be out of the way. I also put extra saddles on a retired saddle rack. I haven’t filled my drawers with much yet, but I think that’s where I will store my trailer first-aid kit.
The other main project that I haven’t tackled yet, and haven’t photoed are all my horse blankets. I have a lot, and they take up so much room. As of right now they’re folded and sitting on top of the mattress in the goose-neck part of the trailer. I’m hoping to clean them all really well and find some good, cheap tubs to store them in for the summer months.
All in all I think it looks way better than before. I can walk around in the dressing area, which will be important at my first show, and now if I need something it’s easy to find!