Let’s play a little game, shall we? It’s called Name that Skin Growth!
In this game, you simply examine a horse’s beeeeehind and diagnose his growths based on your veterinary knowledge. Or Google. Whatever. Go!
Since games aren’t much fun without a level playing field, I’ll give you the 411 on these little spots.
- Kona mainly has these “spots” on his booty cheeks, but there is also a large one on his tail bone, and a small one on his flank.
- They have grown, but very slowly.
- He’s had them for years.
- They have never opened or created sores.
- They do not hurt.
- He’s never had any previous trauma to these areas.
- They are hard and appear flaky on the surface where hair is not present.
For some of you this will be easy! Let me know what you think they are! Bonus points for treatment options 😉