Does anybody know what started yesterday!? No? Well, I’ll tell you. The Pinto World Championship Show!! Yippee!
I love the Pinto World Championship. I love the Pinto Horse Association. I love all things Pinto. Here’s why:
- The Pinto Horse Association does not exclude other breeds. They include EVERYONE. Don’t think you have a “pinto?” Think again, because there’s a place for everyone at the pinto shows.
- The Pinto World hosts western dressage classes.
- It has, like, a million classes. No, really. I’ve never seen so many classes.
- I’ve had several layovers stay at my barn who were traveling from out-of-state to the Pinto World and everyone is so nice! So far, I haven’t met a Pinto Person I didn’t like.
- You don’t have to qualify with a certain number of points to enter!
- It’s close to my hometown.
- The webcast is FREE.
And now, with those things in mind, here are my “two things” for this Tuesday:
- I’ve been scouring the Pinto World class schedule to see when I should drive over to watch and I decided on next Monday, the 20th, so I can watch the ranch riding classes. To try and get an idea of when I should arrive, I looked at the class entries and my mouth dropped when I saw how many entries are in my “would-be” class. I’m horrified that I’m not entering. HORRIFIED. There are only FIVE entries for Am Ranch Riding, solid color. Five. I just died inside. I should be there. Remember way back when I listed my goals? I just wanted to go to one show. This should have been the show I chose to enter. But instead, I’ll be watching from the stands with my head in my hands.
- When I read Stephanie’s post the other day about her horrible sunburn, I thought I’d share my latest favorite beauty product with y’all. I agree with her that equestrians can get some wicked tan lines. Wicked in a bad way… My current tan lines are in the shape of racerback tanks, and since I live in jeans my legs are ghost-white. So when I saw this product at Ulta, I decided to give it a try. St. Tropez In Shower Gradual Tan is a little bit more expensive than your run-of-the-mill sunless tanner, but I’ve decided it’s well-worth the money. First off, you put it on in the shower, so you don’t have to worry about making sure your skin is dry before putting clothes on. It’s done when you towel off! Second, because it’s done in the shower, there are ZERO streaks. Third, it’s gradual, so you’re not going to look like Casper one day at the barn and then JWOW the next day. And finally, the color looks natural and sun-kissed. If you need to even-out those tan lines, you should give it a try!