Happy Tuesday! I think summer is almost over, guys. I’m kinda bummed. But, the wafting pumpkin spice smells are also calling my name! How about you?
Here are a couple things going on with me.
- I bought Gracie a saddle and we’ve started tacking up and riding together! I’m excited about this for several reasons. First, this was on my goal list for the year and I LOVE crossing stuff off my goal list. Saddle for Gracie? Check. Second, it was also on my list to ride with her more. Double check. The saddle will require a few adjustments, but they should be easy to fix.
- The cinch I had for her saddle simply isn’t long enough. A super fat horse + child saddle perching on top of fat horse = extra long cinch. I have a feeling I’m going to have to look in the draft department…
- She needs one or two more holes punched in the stirrups.
- She needs a set of reins just for her. I ride in split reins, but it would help her to have a set of looped reins. She requested pink…
- It was a great experience, except for one teensy part, and it happened after looking at the photo my husband took of us. I’m throwing caution to wind on this one. Guys, it’s official. I have the dreaded lopsided uniboob. This is tough for me, because I wear a sports bra most days out of necessity. I mowed and dragged the arena in the morning, worked in the barn in the afternoon, and then rode in the evening. I need support and comfort for those tasks. I have ONE that works great, but I need more options. So, I need your help. Do you wear sports bras to ride? Do you know of any good ones that are not only supportive, but make you appear, uh, more perky?