A little about the happenings at Rocking E:
- I’m in a love-hate relationship with my outdoor arena.
- I love that it was originally built as a roping arena, so it’s huge and allows for several riders to comfortable move around.
- I love that it’s in a central location on our property, between both barns.
- On the other hand, I hate the footing.
Well, sometimes I hate the footing. Regrettably, my dirt is old and worn out. Can dirt be “worn-out?” I’m told it can, and from the looks of things, my dirt is especially tired and exhausted after being tread upon for many years. In an effort to work better with my elderly footing, I’m constantly thinking ahead to the week’s weather schedule so I can plan drags at the right time. For instance, today it has been raining on and off, so I plan to drag this afternoon, and I already know that I’m going to be in love with the powdery effect it will have. However, if we don’t get any moisture for the next two weeks–I will be hating that powder. I know from adding dirt to my indoor that the cost of redoing my outdoor is just not in the budget right now. Dirt is expensive, y’all! Who knew? In the meantime, I’ll continue planning my days around tractor time. Sigh.
2. I have been getting so many rides in, and it makes me SO HAPPY. I’ve been squeezing them in whenever possible. Because, sweaty horses = tired horses and happy Allie!Last week I worked with my horses all but one day! It’s an early Christmas miracle! My horses are better for it and so is my soul. The icing on the cake was helping my older daughter ride Hot Rod Sunday evening by herself. Be still, my heart.
Have a great week, horsey friends! I hope you get to ride as much as me! 😉