I have a love-hate relationship with my blog. I love it. Like, I really LOVE it. I enjoy sharing things (horsey and non-horsey) with my readers, I enjoy reading other blogs and creating relationships with people all over the globe, and I love the creative outlet it has given me. But, it does take time, and I hate that I seem to be short on time lately! I usually carve out blogging time during my youngest daughter’s naps in the afternoon, but with the weather getting nicer I’ve been using every spare moment I can outside! I tried to switch blogging to my evenings, but I’ve been distracted then, too.
Here are the things currently taking over my life:
- Mowing. And then some more mowing. I have mowed every single day in the past seven days! We live on 40 acres, and 20 of those have to be kept up on the mower. That’s a lot of grass, y’all! Not only is there a lot to mow, but I’m crazy-obsessed about keeping it short. Seeing a few dandelions pop up along the drive sends me into a tizzy. Good thing I love to mow!
- Riding. With only about an hour and a half in the afternoon, I can’t ride each horse for too long, so I’ve been opting to ride one and pony the other. I can’t accomplish much more than some exercise for them and horsey-time for me, but that’s all I really want anyway. I just need to touch my horses and sit on them to be a happy girl for the rest of the day.
- Dragging the arenas. We have had at least one heavy rain storm each week for the past couple months, and that means more dragging for Allie. I don’t mind dragging, though! It’s yet another chore I tend to monopolize. And by the way, I got the timing and the moisture content just right today. 🙂 Too bad half my boarders have left for summer break. More fluffy footing for me, I guess!
- Reading. OMG GUYS. I am absolutely infatuated with the book series I’m reading right now. Historical-fiction mysteries are my book of choice, and the Royal Spyness series by Rhys Bowen are excellent reads! They’re light and funny, full of mystery and romance. These are easy summer reads, perfect for vacation or reading by the pool. You have to check them out!And yes, the above snap is completely true. Don’t hate.
- PBS. I don’t watch much TV, but I am particularity fond of Masterpiece Theater on PBS. Right now, I’m in the middle of Call the Midwife and Home Fires. Again, more historical fiction! I love shows with depth and emotion, and both shows have that in spades. I feel like I know the characters personally! If you’re looking for some summer shows to keep you entertained these are great choices.
So there you have it. Based on the list above, I’m basically nerdy horse-girl who spends too much time either with her nose in a book, or sitting on a large piece of loud machinery. I’m determined, however, to peel myself away from my current activities and focus more on writing blog posts and catching up on my favorite blogs!